And how are they related?
It all began at Google, the "father" of online searches. At the beginnings search engine optimisation (SEO) was the solely task of web designers in terms of website promoting. However, with time spammers stared abusing the system and SEO become a kind of seek and hide game.
Since then number of people started investing their time and money into website optimisation techniques. The most important seo techniques include:
- META tags
- Properly formed URL names and domains
- Simple navigation structure
- Meaningful content structure: H1, H2, H3 tags and P paragraphs
- Meaningful content
- site maps
- RSS feeds
- Submitting your web site to directories and industry related web sites/portals
- Link exchange with industry peers
- Utilise blogs and social networking sites around your industry
The list is literally growing day by day and it'll be growing as long as new standards emerge, especially in areas of social networking and online collaboration between human beings.
If this list looks overwhelming to you and you would like someone like myself to look at your web site and help "tidying" up your SEO, please by all means feel free to contact me .
Please remember that seo and online advertising tasks need to be performed regularly, simply to stay in the game, or in the web terms: stay at the top of the searches.
| IT Solutions home |